- Silicone mold
Recommendations for the use of:
1. Store silicone molds in zip-bags (a regular cellophane bag or food wrap is also suitable), so that dust and small particles do not stick to them.
2. Never use metal tools to remove the product from the mold.
3. Store molds so that they do not deform. To avoid deformation of the mold, store it on a solid substrate (for example, on a cutting board, which is just as convenient to use as a portable tablet when the mold is filled in and the drying process is underway).
Keep away from metal and other objects that can damage the surface of the silicone mold, at room temperature, in places where there is no access to sunlight.
4. Never place the silicone molds on the heating element and do not hold the burner in one place.
5. Never clean with abrasive products.
6. Before use, it is recommended to wash the mold with warm soapy water or any neutral detergents, without using hard and scratchy fabrics. Dry thoroughly before working directly with the resin. You can dry it upside down so that dust does not accumulate at the bottom of the mold or in a suspended form (you can also wipe it dry with soft paper napkins).
7. To remove dust from the surface, you can use masking tape.
8. To avoid sticking the finished product to the mold surface when pouring resin, we recommend removing the finished product no later than 11 hours
9. We do our best to make the mold come to you without any damage, but if there are micro scratches or any minor flaws, do not worry, it can always be corrected by using the final protective layer Protect Resin
10. The horizon level is set on the inside of the mold, if there are not large distortions on the working surface, then we align it according to the level.
11. We do our best to make the mold come to you without any damage, but if there are micro scratches or any minor flaws, do not worry, it can always be corrected by using the final protective layer Protect Resin
12. The edges of the mold are semi-gloss - semi-matt. We recommend sanding the edges of the finished product.
Perfect gloss mold has after manufacture by the factory, but unfortunately in contact with the packaging film can sometimes leave traces on the surface of the mold, if we do not pack molds they will have more significant damage than in contact with the package, please note that silicone molds they are very gentle and any contact with the surface may leave traces of dents, etc. whatever it is, use the final protective layer Protect Resin it will hide all the flaws or cover the product with a transparent resin for a perfect gloss. All silicone molds are made by hand. The ends of the mold are semi-glossy semi-matt, this is the manufacturing technology of the mold, we recommend grinding any product to the desired ends.
The most common causes of surface damage:
1)In order to avoid sticking of the finished product to the mold surface when pouring resin, we recommend removing the finished product no later than 11 hours ( thick or medium viscosity resin of our production, on other brands of resins have not been tested)
2) Burner overheating: the mold surface is very sensitive due to overheating, the product may stick to the mold surface. (do not hold the burner in one place.)
3) Different resins behave differently with the mold surface. The higher the viscosity of the resin, the more aggressive it behaves to the mold surface.
4) Mix the resin thoroughly with the hardener for at least 5 minutes. Very often, the product sticks due to non-mixing of components.
Silicone molds are very gentle (of any manufacturer) and their service life depends on your treatment and proper care of them, please do not neglect the information on the website. There is also a section tips of masters where you will find a lot of useful information for creativity. If you follow the prescribed rules that are written above, our molds and other manufacturers will serve you longer, then what we write is the experience of more than 100 masters. and we take the rules of use based on their experience.